Description of the project
The quality assurance matrix for CEFR use is an innovative project comparing CEFR implementation in different contexts and employing a quality assurance approach. The project will promote effective language learning by supporting teachers and other language education professionals in their use of the CEFR. It will suggest clear, coherent, and relevant procedures to facilitate planning, teaching and assessment and it will produce a practical tool, in the form of a template, which will serve for self-assessment before or during CEFR implementation and self- or external evaluation after the implementation.
Project website: English - French
Description of the work foreseen
As the project moves from a rigorous empirically based and experience informed perspective, we are looking for a fellow to support us in the project work.
Before and after the central workshop, participants will conduct semi-structured interviews in their respective countries and complete a form including both the outcomes of the interviews and their own reactions and thoughts about achievements, challenges and opportunities. The data collected will be an important source to inform the matrix which will be the final product of the project. The fellow will participate in the data analysis phase of the project under the supervision of the project coordinator and of the other team members. He/she will be subsequently involved in assisting the team in the development of the matrix.
Expected profile and involvement of the fellow
The ideal candidate will be a young individual with an MA or above in a relevant field. He/she will either be a citizen or a resident of one of the ECML member states.
His/her duties will include:
- Assisting in collating the data resulting from interviews conducted by the participants in the workshop (WS)
- Creating and compiling tables and grids for the analysis
- Analyzing data in order to identify relevant procedures to inform the template
- Assisting the team in drafting the Quality Assurance (QA) template based on project data
- Assisting in the preparation of the network meeting of the project which will take place in May 2017.
- Interest in and knowledge of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (and/or capacity to quickly update knowledge of it)
- Experience in research and data analysis
- Reliability, precision
- A proactive attitude: capable of taking the initiative
- Familiarity with new technologies
- Ability to quickly join the project team and to interact with WS participants at distance
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Working languages: English and French, with at least C1 level in the first working language and minimum B2 level in the second working language
The fellowship is a unique opportunity to work in the highly stimulating, multicultural and multilingual international environment of the European Centre for Modern Languages in Graz, which is a partial agreement of the Council of Europe.
The knowledge and expertise resulting from this fellowship will be a considerable asset for future endeavours both in academia and in the professional world.
The fellowship will last three months February, March and April 2017 so that the fellow can assist in preparing the subsequent network meeting in May.
The fellow will receive a total allowance of €3,450 EUR covering the 3 month duration of the fellowship. Travel costs will not be covered.
Applicants from ECML member states or currently studying in ECML member states should send a letter of motivation as well as their CV in English or French to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 28 October 2016.