How to get involved?
Individuals with a special interest and professional background in the topic of this particular project are invited to take up contact with the ECML National Nominating Authority in their country so that they can be considered for participation in the corresponding project workshop.
Project workshop in 2018
- Training and professional development
Expected outputs of the workshop (for the participant)
First-hand documentation/ information on the user guide to teacher competence instruments with practice examples and a draft inventory for language teacher competences, ready for use and discussion in the participants’ own professional contexts.
Expected outcomes of the workshop (for the participant)
Knowledge of and opportunity to influence plans for a possible future Common European Framework for language teachers and for the role of language in education, and to share views on the future of the profession.
Profile of participants
Experience, competences required
- Language teacher educators, curriculum designers, directors of studies, staff responsible for professional development;
- Language teachers / subject teachers with a background in language-sensitive subject teaching.
- Familiarity with instruments and publications by the Council of Europe and others, such as FREPA, EPOSTL, and the Eaquals Framework, that describe teacher competences or aspects of language education in general;
- Experience with dissemination of Council of Europe related instruments, and with using/assessing competence descriptions.
Expected involvement/tasks before, during and after the event:
- Familiarisation with project products
- Use of project products
- Feedback on project products;
- Ability to pilot/share experience;