Did you know...
The CEFR exists in over 40 language versions.
A dedicated CEFR website established by the Language Policy Unit of the Council of Europe explains key features of the instrument:
- The CEFR: a transparent, coherent and comprehensive instrument
- Six levels of foreign language proficiency
- The CEFR is much more than proficiency scales
- Using the CEFR in specific contexts
- The Companion Volume (2020) to the CEFR is now available
The full-text versions of the CEFR can be downloaded in English and French.