ECML training and
consultancy for member states (TaC)
Managing national training events (face-to-face)
A national training event is a 2-day training workshop in an ECML member state conducted by 2 members of a TaC team.
all documents + links
at bottom of page!
2 days plus 1 day preparatory meeting for the moderating experts and the local organiser
Minimum number of participants: 20
Venue: in the requesting ECML member state
Interpretation is not provided by the ECML. The local organisers might be providing interpretation according to the working languages chosen by local organisers in consultation with ECML TaC team members.
Travel and subsistence is provided by the ECML for 2 team members.
The following overview lists essential tasks related to managing this event.
ToDo's for coordinator
BEFORE THE EVENT, the coordinator ...
- receives notification of the country requests;
- informs the team members of the country requests;
- if requested by the ECML secretariat, liaises with the team members and the ECML to schedule a network meeting with the local organisers at the ECML in Graz, Austria to prepare the training events;
- assigns 2 team members to conduct each training event;
- (as a follow-up to the network meeting) sends an overview of training events to the ECML.
AFTER THE EVENT, the coordinator ...
ToDo's for the moderating experts
BEFORE THE EVENT, the moderating experts ...
- share the moderation of training events evenly between all team members;
- liaise with the local organiser to draft the agenda of the event and send it to the ECML 4 weeks prior to the event;
- liaise with the local organiser to order publications and other materials from the ECML at least 4 weeks prior to the event (see order form below).
DURING THE EVENT, the moderating experts ...
- animate the training event;
- ensure visibility of the ECML by giving a short introduction to the work of the ECML in general;
- allow for time for participants to fill in the ECML post-event questionnaire;
- ensure that completed questionnaires are passed on to the local organiser for return to the ECML.
AFTER THE EVENT, the moderating experts ...
- receive the results of the feedback questionnaires for participants to draw conclusions and to follow-up on possible issues for subsequent meetings;
- complete the report of the training event within 3 weeks after the event and send it to the ECML and the coordinator.
ToDo's for the local organiser
BEFORE THE EVENT, the local organiser ...
- (if requested by the ECML secretariat) participates in a network meeting with the ECML team members at the ECML in Graz, Austria to prepare the national training event; travel and subsistence costs will be covered by the ECML;
- invites participants and organises the venue;
- provides documentation of the event to be included in the ECML’s online calendar of activities (event title, venue, local organiser/institution, link to national website);
- ensures visibility of the ECML by including the ECML logo in the agenda and all other training relevant documents;
- liaises with the moderating experts to draft the agenda of the event and sends it to the ECML 4 weeks prior to the event;
- liaises with the moderating experts to order publications and other materials from the ECML at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
DURING THE EVENT, the local organiser ...
- provides a copy of the ECML post-event questionnaire for each participant;
- collects completed questionnaires and sends the paper copies or a scanned version to the ECML.
AFTER THE EVENT, the local organiser ...
- completes the report of the training event within 2 weeks after the event and sends it together with a list of participants to the ECML;
- drafts a news item (including 1-2 photos - optional) in English or French for the ECML's website and sends it to the ECML within 2 weeks after the event.
Contact: Erika Komon (programme and logistics); Catherine Seewald (communication and publications)
Documents and links ...
For all relevant documents please click here (preparing meetings module).