Envisaged project outputs
The toolkit developed by the team will facilitate the activities of teacher educators who wish to implement the ideas of the CEFR Companion Volume in teaching, learning and assessment practices by using material from this database in their professional development activities and in initial teacher training of student teachers.
It will consist of training material structured as an online course in English and French, i.e. PPT documents, worksheets, checklists and webinars – downloadable from project website, offering training material and examples of good practice in various languages
- to be used as training material in teacher education and professional development by teacher trainers and teacher educators;
- to be used by decision makers and curriculum designers in curriculum design;
- to be used by language teachers and test developers for self-study purposes.
Language teachers / examiners will be able to use the training material for self-study purposes.
Furthermore, a database of sample teaching and assessment tasks in various languages, i.e. examples of good practice for different modes of communication and different skills areas, will also be made available in a digital format both for teacher education / professional development and for use in teaching and assessment
- to be used as examples of good practice by language teachers and examiners, student teachers and test developers in their course planning;
- to be used as sample tasks in teacher education and professional development by teacher educators.