Four members of the ICT-REV team and the local coordinators of the upcoming ICT-REV training workshops to be held in Latvia and Serbia took part in this network meeting.
On the first day, the ICT-REV team members concentrated their discussions on the ECML inventory of ICT tools and open educational resources. They revised the recent changes implemented in the inventory and discussed the implementation of short and long-term measures with the ECML to ensure the ongoing updating and guaranteed quality control of the inventory.
On the second day, team members met with the local coordinators from Latvia and Serbia to discuss the planning of the ICT-REV Training and Consultancy workshops which will shortly be held in their countries (17-18 June 2016: Riga; 9-10 October 2016: Belgrade). Planning for the Latvian workshop, specifically aimed at teachers of German, is well under way, with 25 participants enrolled. A second workshop, delivered by local teacher trainers trained by the ICT-REV team, is planned for the week after the original workshop.
The warm hospitality of the ECML team and the positive working atmosphere in Graz helped everything run smoothly and we all felt that the network meeting was, as usual, both enjoyable and extremely useful!
- Pauline Ernest, Lecturer in English Escola de Llengües, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Barcelona, Spain
- Joseph Hopkins, Director of the Center for Modern Languages Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Center for Modern Languages, Barcelona, Spain
- Aleksandra Begovic, Advisor, Coordinator Institute for Improvement of Education, Centre for Curriculum and Textbook Development, Belgrade, Serbia
- Aline Germain-Rutherford, Professor of Lingusitics, Associate VP for Language Schools, Director of French School, Ottawa, Canada
- Sarah Heiser (ICT-REV), Staff Tutor for Languages, Language Studies Programme Student Support Team Academic Lead, Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- Rita Kursite, Senior specialist of Foreign Languages, National Centre for Education, Ministry of Education and Science, Latvia
Related ECML resources: