At the core of this colloquium will be the contribution made by the Framework of References for Pluralistic Approaches (FREPA) and its impact on different aspects of language education throughout Europe.
During the colloquium, the following issues will be addressed:
- supporting multilingual classroom and language-sensitive teaching
- teaching tools for supporting diversity in education
- the role of plurilingualism in new curricula
- plurilingual curricula scenarios at different educational stages
- reference frameworks for pluralistic approaches in teacher education
- the perspective of the European Union
- examples of responses to linguistic diversity is specific member states
The colloquium will be of particular interest to those who are engaged in pluralistic education, whether as teachers, teacher educators or curriculum designers, and aims to support their efforts in facilitating change in this area.