Information about the ECML
ECML information brochure: English - French
Compendium on cultural policies and trends in Europe
Initiated by the Council of Europe and the European Institute for Comparative Cultural Research (ERICarts) the Compendium is a web-based and permanently updated information and monitoring system of national cultural policies in Europe. Information is provided for 42 countries – Quick Facts, Cultural Policy Profiles, Compendium Grid in 26 national languages, Profiles of National Experts.
Transversal themes focus on Cultural access & participation, Cultural rights and ethics, Cultural diversity, Intercultural dialogue (including the Intercultural Cities Index), Status of artists, International cultural co-operation and mobility.
Two sections provide reports on national language issues and policies (section 4.2.5) and national language laws (section 5.1.9).
Co-operation between Serbia and the Council of Europe
CEFR and European Language Portfolio
- Serbian language edition of the European language portfolio, developed under the TEMPUS REFLESS Project. It is adapted for university students.
- Serbian version (Iekavian version) : Zajednički Evropski Okvir za žive Jezike : Učenje, Nastava, Ocjenjivanje – Ministarstvo Prosvjete I Nauke COBISS. CG – ID 5107728.
Selected information sources and resources in the field of language education in Serbia
National institutions dedicated to promoting innovation in language education:
Eurypedia – the European Encyclopedia on National Education Systems
Eurydice has launched Eurypedia – the European Encyclopedia on National Education Systems. This online resource presents the education system organisation and recent reforms in Europe. Eurypedia contains more than 5000 articles and covers 38 school and university systems within the 33 countries participating in the EU's Lifelong Learning Programme (all 27 EU Member States as well as Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey). All Eurypedia content is available in English and, where applicable, in the language of the country, and is organised by topic and country.
• Information relating to Serbia
National relay for the European Day of Languages (EDL)
The function of a national EDL Relay is to act as a multiplier for organisations, schools and associations, circulating:
- information communicated by the Council of Europe (for example the press release of the Council on the Day, which the Relays are invited to translate into national/local languages, updates on the website);
- promotional materials - posters, stickers etc. provided by the Council of Europe every year in significant quantities for event organisers.
Serbia and the Council of Europe in brief
Available in English - French - German - Italian - Russian