The European Language Gazette, the ECML's e-newsletter, provides up-to-date news about the ECML (events, projects, resources) and other relevant sectors of the Council of Europe, as well as of our partners. It focuses on national developments in the field of language education in the member states and beyond.
Enjoy the latest issue (no. 56, June – July 2021): English – French
Table of contents
20th anniversary of the European Day of Languages
- Preparations in full swing
- What is new in 2021?
- 20 years EDL
- Looking for ideas of what to do on the Day?
- Order EDL promotional materials for your events!
Join our webinar “Fostering digital citizenship through language education” on 22 June 2021!
ECML programme developments 2020-2023 – “Inspiring innovation in language education: changing contexts, evolving competences”
- The place of home languages at school: participate in a European survey!
- “Enhancing language education in cross-border vocational education”: presented at EARLALL Conference (2 July 2021, 9:00-14:00 CEST, online)
- “Mediation in Τeaching, Learning and Αssessment” (ME.T.L.A.): 1st international MiLLaT conference (online, 9 September 2021)
- 6th Saarbrücken International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching (27-29 October 2021, via Zoom)
- Inventory of ICT tools and OERs: discover the latest resources
Publications quoting the work of the ECML
- Formation en langues et littératie numérique en contextes ouverts – Une approche socio-interactionnelle
- Austria: new EDL event padlet
- Canada: return on the 2021 CCERBAL Conference
- France: recent resources
- Iceland: new Icelandic-French online dictionary, conferences
Professional Network Forum of the ECML
- Forthcoming events of the Forum members
- Eaquals: 30th Anniversary – Webinars
- Multilingualism in Higher Education in Europe: ECSP online symposium (28-29 June 2021)
Council of Europe developments
- European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages: latest publications
- Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture: two new portfolios
- Recent Council of Europe resources
News from other organisations
- Juvenes Translatores Award Ceremony on 18 June 2021
- Erasmus+ project “Global Citizenship and Multilingual Competences” (GCMC) (2020-2023)
- V-PAL : recent videos
- School Education Gateway: (re)watch the webinar "School education for traveller communities across Europe’ tomorrow"
- Unesco: Manual for developing intercultural competencies: story circles
- OECD: recent publications
- Mercator – European Research Centre on Multilingualism and Language Learning: latest newsletters
- Cambridge University Press: Revitalizing endangered languages