What is it about?
This sixth year of cooperation builds upon the successful implementation of a work programme which focuses on agreed priority areas in language education for the Council of Europe and the European Commission. The specific purpose of this action is to support the linguistic integration of children with a migrant background and to achieve good quality and comparability in language testing and assessment.
This action involves two initiatives:
- Supporting Multilingual Classrooms - find out more
- Relating language curricula, tests and examinations to the Common European Framework of Reference (RELANG) - find out more
Each initiative will offer training workshops to current member states of the European Centre for Modern Languages, and of the European Union.
Language experts and education stakeholders from member states of the ECML and of the EU will benefit from training workshops being held in their country through this joint action.
How to get involved
- Are you a teacher of a MFL or of another subject?
- Are you a teacher trainer or member of a language association?
- Are you a policy maker or course developer for a MFL or for another subject?
- Are you an administrator or a school leader?
- Are you in a position to act as a multiplier, subsequent to a training workshop?
If so and you wish to host a training workshop in your country please contact your EU or ECML representative.
By promoting more inclusive ways of teaching and learning along with more efficient ways of evaluating foreign languages, the action will foster social inclusion and intercultural dialogue as well as employability, mobility, economic growth, and thus active democratic citizenship.