2018 proved an important year for the EOL project ECML project "Learning environments where modern languages flourish" as thanks to the numerous dissemination actions carried out by the team, the innovative approach of the project started to be known among partner schools and beyond. Schools can now see and experience how they can benefit most out from a holistic approach to developing learning.
The network meeting held at the ECML this year helped to reinforce the key role that partner schools play within the project. All the project tools have been consolidated thanks to the network meeting participants. An impact survey helped refine the project’s quality assurance. The EOL project website, https://eol.ecml.at, offers a diverse toolbox: a matrix and matrix questions, an innovative method of collaborative work, memos that list many other ECML projects, a glossary, indicators, etc.
The EOL project has been presented in several countries:
- in Agrinio (Greece), EOL was at the heart of a training conference for teachers, school principals and inspectors;
- in Bad Hofgastein (Austria), it facilitated the collaboration between teachers of vocational education during the CEBS (Center für berufsbezogene Sprachen) seminar;
- in Copenhagen (Denmark), it supported the training reflection of Danish French teachers;
- in Saarbrücken (Germany), EOL helped to accompany the Franco-German high school team on intercultural pathways;
- in Poitiers (France), EOL was used for training inspectors.
The EOL project is now in its final phase of development. The team is currently focused on developing a written publication and on the establishment of an online training platform. The work on the project is also organised around the transfer of innovation. This project is being implemented in other places, for example, in Martinique in the French West Indies. The matrix has been adapted for use on other issues such as competences for democratic culture (Council of Europe) or the levers of educational innovation.
Finally, a qualitative label project is being discussed with the ECML.
The team looks forward to disseminating the results of the project during the workshop scheduled for 7-8 March 2019.
For participation in the workshop please click here.
The project team:
Jonas Erin (coordinator), Kristin Brogan, Silvia Minardi, Lea Štiberc
- Website of the project "Learning environments where modern languages flourish" (available in English, French and German): http://eol.ecml.at/