The European Language Gazette, the ECML's e-newsletter, provides up-to-date news about the ECML (events, projects, resources) and other relevant sectors of the Council of Europe, as well as of our partners. It focuses on national developments in the field of language education in the member states and beyond.
Read the latest issue no. 54 (February - March 2021): English - French
Table of contents
Language education in Europe: the impact of Covid
Take part in the survey open until 28 February!
"Innovative methodologies and assessment in language learning"
Call for workshops in 2021 within the ECML-EU joint Action - now open until 19 February
Just published! New ECML resources
- “ProSign - Promoting excellence in sign language instruction”: cutting-edge resources for sign language teacher education and programmes where sign languages are taught
- “Inspiring language learning and teaching in the early years – Why it matters and what it looks like for children age 3-12”: new resource website for pre-primary and primary teachers and educators
- Upcoming publication in early 2021
ECML programme developments 2020-2023 - "Inspiring innovation in language education: changing contexts, evolving competences"
- ECML workshops in 2021: how to get involved?
- Border regions: model regions for a Europe growing together
ECML training and consultancy activities
- Language of schooling in subject learning – Identifying and integrating linguistic and subject objectives: online workshop for primary, secondary and university educators (Croatia, 13 November and 11 December 2020)
- Language for Work Week in Amsterdam (18-20 November 2020): online training for teachers of Dutch for adult migrants
- Teacher competences for languages in education: Greece (19 November 2020)
Article in Babylonia quoting the work of the ECML
Professional Network Forum of the ECML: forthcoming events
Slovenia: the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on minorities
Council of Europe developments
- European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages: Armenia, Croatia, Germany, Montenegro, Sweden, United Kingdom
- 24 January - International Day of Education: Council of Europe statement
- Two new elf-learning courses on cyberbulling and competences for democratic culture Recent Council of Europe publications (2021)
News from other organisations
- 21 February - International Mother Language Day 2021: Join UNESCO’s international webinar on "Fostering Multilingualism for Inclusion in Education and Society" (19 February 2021, 10h00 - 12h20 GMT+1)
- European Union: learning corner & new resources
- Mercator - European Research Centre on Multilingualism and Language Learning: latest newsletters