The latest issue of the European Language Gazette edited by the ECML has just been published in English and in French. The e-newsletter provides up-to-date news about the Centre, its partners, as well as relevant sectors of the Council of Europe. It also focuses on national developments in the field of language education in the member states and beyond.
This issue highlights the following topics and resources:
- ECML 2020-23 medium-term programme
- European Day of Languages 2019
ECML programme developments
- Language for Work project receives the European Language Label award
- A roadmap for schools to support the language(s) of schooling - getting there!
- Strategies, tools and resources for changing your school into a place where languages can flourish
- Describing teacher competences for language education
Training and consultancy for ECML member states
- Call for the ECML-EC joint Action "Innovative methodologies and assessment in language learning" 2019-2020 open until 5 July 2019
- National training and consultancy events: latest workshop results
- European portfolio for pre-primary educators – The plurilingual and intercultural dimension: now available in Polish!
National developments in Austria, Estonia, France, Norway, Switzerland
Professional Network Forum of the ECML: forthcoming events
Council of Europe developments
- Protecting and promoting sign languages in Europe - Council of Europe: reply of the Committee of Ministers to the recommendation of the Parliamentary Assembly
- European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages: reform of the monitoring mechanism - national developments in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Serbia
- Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities: national developments in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ireland, Moldova, Malta, Poland, Switzerland
- Integration policies should not pursue migration-control goals'
- Young refugees should receive additional temporary support after the age of 18, recommends the Council of Europe Committee of Ministers to member states
- Recent Council of Europe resources
Recent resources from other organisations
- EU: European Council Recommendation on a comprehensive approach to the teaching and learning of languages | Recent resources
- Mercator - European Research Centre on Multilingualism and Language Learning
- Babylonia - The Journal of Language Teaching and Learning