An electronic ELP allows an interactive engagement with multilingual descriptor lists that have been developed and trialled in concrete educational settings. The eELP works as a platform fostering plurilingual and intercultural learning in formal and informal educational settings. It encourages reflection on the principles of the CEFR and the Council of Europe. It also promotes the creation of networks of users in ECML member states as well as the use of new technologies for language and intercultural learning and teaching.
As a platform the eELP offers pedagogical tools for learning, self-assessment and it helps documenting learning outputs and learning outcomes for both individual and group activities. The eELP can play a significant role in consolidating the integration of digital learning with well-established pedagogical approaches to language learning, intercultural learning and learning to learn strategies.
- Language teachers in primary, secondary and higher education including adult and vocational education;
- Teacher trainers;
- Teachers of other subjects;
- CLIL teachers.
Results and benefits
- Initiation and support of the use of an electronic ELP-platform for teachers in primary, secondary and higher education in the context of formal and informal language learning.
- Implementation of self-assessment (formative and summative), goal-setting and learning-to-learn strategies and learner autonomy for the promotion of democratic values;
- Enhanced effectiveness of language and subject learning in formal and informal contexts;
- Improved effectiveness of using web-based tools for lifelong language learning;
- Existing networks of users of new technologies, of the CEFR and/or of the ELP will be further developed, consolidated and optimised;
- Consolidation of regular exchange of expertise and good practice via European networks;
- Enhanced quality and efficiency in the use of an electronic ELP-platform.
- Dissemination of innovation through the use of an electronic ELP-platform;
- Enhanced quality and efficiency in language learning in the context of lifelong learning.