Key Data on Teachers and School Leaders (April 2013) contains 62 indicators on teachers and school leaders from pre-primary to upper secondary education in 32 countries (EU Member States, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Turkey). Six topics are covered:
- initial teacher education and support for beginning teachers;
- recruitment, employers and contracts;
- continuing professional development and mobility;
- working conditions and pay:
- as well as levels of autonomy and responsibilities of teachers and school leaders.
The report combines statistical data and qualitative information derived from primary data supplied by the Eurydice Network, Eurostat data and evidence derived from the international surveys TALIS 2008, PISA 2009 and TIMSS 2011.