The project team met in Graz on 24 and 25 May to prepare for the launch of the webpage dedicated to early language learning and teaching. It will be presented for the first time to participants attending the workshop in Graz on 12 and 13 September 2018.
The webpage consists of the following six areas:
Particular attention is paid to making access to information as user-friendly as possible.
- General information about the project (political priorities in the European context; project objectives and priorities, etc.);
- Key principles that guide language teaching and learning and that have been outlined in such a way as to apply to the diverse contexts of school systems existing in ECML Member States;
- Examples of inspiring practices that animate and encourage professionals from all over Europe to transfer them to their contexts;
- Resources for teaching and learning languages that enable the design and practical application of linguistic activities (teaching tools, a range of methodologies and strategies for learning, suggested books, etc);
- Myths and facts as well as frequently asked questions related to the project;
- Results of scientific research relevant to the context of this project
The project team:
Flore Schank (project coordinator), Ingeborg Birnie, Deirdre Kirwan, Dana Musilova, Jakob Patekar
More information about the ECML project (2017-2019):
Project website "Inspiring Language Learning – why it matters and what it looks like for children age 3 to 12": English – French