Expert meeting, Graz, Austria, 15-16 January 2018
The focus of the fifth EOL expert meeting was the action research linked to the project. The team discussed:
- the identification of success factors of language learning environments;
- and the quality indicators for language learning environments.
The matrix and the different tools linked to the matrix (matrix scale, matrix questions, etc.) will soon be finalised and published on the working platform in order to be tested by the partner schools. All resources from the partner schools published on the working platform will be indexed with reference to a matrix field. A search engine based on educational level, theme and desired outcome will help finding resources from the partner schools.
With the purpose of fostering collaboration within the school communities, the team developed a tool called SPOT (standing for Strengths, Priorities, Opportunities, Threats) which will be tested during the forthcoming network meeting in March. This tool helps stakeholders to interconnect people, structures and culture and design a common strategy on language learning environments where modern languages flourish. The tool illustrates in a very concrete way how and why a holistic approach can foster language education.
The next steps for the expert team are:
- illustrating the EOL holistic approach to modern languages with concrete examples;
- finalising the quality indicators and reflecting on labelling strategies;
- preparing the network meeting (March 2018).
The project team:
Jonas Erin (coordinator), Kristin Brogan, Silvia Minardi, Lea Štiberc