Join the live webcast on 13-14 December 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLtSeHTYMg
Starting from 9:30 am on 13 December
Concluding at 13:00 on 14 December
Organisers: European Centre for Modern Languages of the Council of Europe in cooperation with the European Commission.
Target groups: professionals engaged in pluralistic education (teachers, teacher educators, curriculum designers.
The event will provide an opportunity to reflect on and evaluate the contributions made by the plethora of didactic research and innovative practices which have arisen over the past 15 years. At the core of this colloquium will be the contribution made by the Framework of Reference for Pluralistic Approaches (CARAP/FREPA) and its impact on different aspects of language education throughout Europe.
During the colloquium, the following issues will be addressed:
- supporting multilingual classroom and language-sensitive teaching
- teaching tools for supporting diversity in education
- the role of plurilingualism in new curricula
- plurilingual curricula scenarios at different educational stages
- reference frameworks for pluralistic approaches in teacher education
- the perspective of the European Union
- examples of responses to linguistic diversity is specific member states
The videos, presentations and images of the event will be available on the ECML website after the colloquy.